All classes are free or by donation. "Hello, my name is Jason Farrington and I am currently wrapping up my 200 hour yoga teacher training program from Balanced Yoga University. I have been practicing yoga for about 4-5 years now and I wanted to start offering free beginners yoga classes in my community. Hope to see you there."
Ongoing, most Sundays from 6:00 - 7:00 PM. $15 drop in, $60 three class pass. Sacred Shimmy updates here.
Small group training is ongoing, in a convenient drop-in setting. Each day has a varied focus and approach to fitness. You choose your own adventure and decide how many and which days you join the group! Group size could vary from 2-8 participants, giving you a semi-private training experience with greater attention to your technique and abilities, and an individualized and goal-centered training program.
- Mondays – Strength & Power – Functional, dynamic, big muscle exercises using kettlebells, bodyweight, TRX, plyos, and bands.
- Tuesdays – Cardio Intervals & Agility Drills – Energy system development through cardiovascular and agility drills using small hurdles, cone drills, interval training, and sprints.
- Wednesdays – Core & Control – Unique combination and isometric movements to enhance core strength, range of motion and flexibility, and balance.
- Thursdays – Strength & Power – Functional, dynamic, big muscle exercises using kettlebells, bodyweight, TRX, plyos, and bands.
- Fridays – Wild Card/Trainer’s Choice!
Wake Up is an active global community of led by young mindfulness practitioners, aged 18-35, and inspired by the teachings of Zen teacher and peace activist Thich Nhat Hanh. We come together to practice awareness in order to take care of ourselves, nourish happiness, and contribute to building a healthier and a more compassionate society. All ages are welcome at our gatherings.
For this session, we will pair two postures. The first will be the "singing shaman" for door opening. The second will be the the "fish trance," derived from representations of Aztec goddess Chalchihuitlique and evoking water, renewal, adapting to change.
*Instructions for participation: Please arrive on time, the door will be closed at 7:45 so that the session can begin without interruption. Fasting will enhance the experience, but is not required. For best results, do not eat at least 30 minutes prior to the session. Avoid alcohol throughout the day. Wear loose-fitting clothing and avoid wearing metal.
*Young adults / teens welcome.
*Susan is not expecting payment so this session is by donation. Feel free to support her visit and the maintenance of the studio space with a small contribution.
There will be:
+ A Silent auction
+ Art Prints and Zines
+ Free food, drinks and good company!
Cost: $5 sliding scale donation. facebook info here: www.facebook.com/events/
Doors at 7:30 PM. Show beings promptly at 8:00 PM.
facebook info here: www.facebook.com/events/